Treatment with Dr. Fulop
I practice clinical psychology in a pragmatic manner and adhere to the spirit of Motivational Interviewing. In other words, my work is collaborative with you and your family, to aid you to attain your goals. I help clarify core values and strengths and sort through beliefs and behaviors that create problems. I have designed my practice to be personal and I am usually available by phone for emergencies or urgent consultations.
Guiding Clinical Assumptions
- You define yourself through your values, as well as your actions and inactions.
- No one can force you to take care of yourself.
- You are the final expert on your life.
- Appreciate what you do well and build on your foundational personal strengths.
- Laughter is vital to your health and wellbeing.
- Everyone wants to live a long and healthy life.
- Comprehensive assessment for school problems; Kindergarten through grad school
- Coaching and consulting for diabetes-related problems that include emotions, behaviors and attitudes that may impede diabetes management
- Individual psychotherapy for depression, anxiety, and other issues
- Academic support services
- Family psychotherapy for a variety of problems including
- Reward Systems
- Family Conflict & Communications
- Parenting Challenges & Strategies
- Helping decide whether your child needs an alternative placement
Motivational Interviewing Consultation and Training
I provide training and consultation in Motivational Interviewing (MI). I have been studying MI formally since 2003, and I attended the MINT Training for New Trainers (TNT) in 2009 at Sitges, Spain. My direct training leaders were Chris Wagner, PhD., and Kakia Nicolaou, M.D.
Please contact me at 503.539.4932 or email@example.com for more information or to schedule a consultation.
Michael J. Fulop, Psy.D.